Taking stock of action on the illicit small arms trade: UNODA training session on reporting on implementation of the PoA and ITI
'In the UN Programme of Action on small arms (PoA) and International Tracing Instrument (ITI) framework, States agreed to submit biennial national reports on their implementation efforts to the United Nations. National reporting is the single most effective mechanism to:
- measure progress and gaps in the PoA/ITI implementation;
- build confidence among States through information sharing;
- identify national priorities and assistance needs;
- support reporting on progress made on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Target 16.4; and
- reaffirm States’ commitment to the PoA process...'
- Continue reading ON MEDIUM