STARTING DATE: January 2024
ACTIVITY RATE: 100%, 40 hours / week
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 8 December 2023
The Small Arms Survey is a center for applied knowledge in the field of the proliferation and control of small arms, their associated parts, and ammunition. We inform policy and practice through a combination of data, evidence-based knowledge, authoritative resources and tools, tailored expert advice and training, and the convening of practitioners and policy-makers. Through these combined interventions, we actively engage with a broad range of partner organizations, governments, national regulators, policy-makers, practitioners, and civil society actors, to help them reduce the risks that stem from illicit small arms and ammunition flows and use.
The Grant Officer role:
Under the supervision of the Survey’s Head of Finance and Grant Management, the grant officer will check financial statements, prepare projects financial reports and ensure compliance with donors’ requirements.
- Liaise closely with project leads to ensure timely and accurate reporting of projects;
- Support project leads in financial reporting and propose corrective actions whenever necessary;
- Generate monthly project salary allocations;
- Monitor incomes and expenditures for projects, check allocation on relevant budget lines;
- When required, liaise with external funding partners in the area of grant financial management;
- Collaborate with IHEID accounting department on grant management relevant issues;
- Advise project leads and heads of units on compliance with grant and donor requirements;
- Suggest and, if tasked, work on developing tools and/or procedures related to grant management;
- Support the smooth implementation of project audits;
- Support the development of budgets for donor restricted funding.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience;
- Professional experience in grant management in the non-profit sector (minimum 5 years);
- International experience (field or headquarters);
- Good knowledge of donors and funding guidelines;
- Experience in planning and delivering reports;
- Professional fluency in French and English, written and spoken;
- High proficiency in Excel;
- Good organizational skills;
- Able to set priorities, work independently, and deliver high-quality results within demanding time frames;
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Able to work effectively in a team; good interpersonal skills;
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- Good analytical skills;
- Project management knowledge an asset.
What you can expect from us:
- A motivating, human, and inclusive working environment
- A pleasant work environment
- A flexible, considering, and international working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note that offers received by post will not be considered.