New INSIGHT papers on illicit firearms ammunition and other explosive munitions, and privately made firearms (PMFs) in the European Union
As part of Project INSIGHT, the Survey has produced two research papers:
Illicit firearms ammunition and other explosive munitions in the European Union provides a regional analysis and overview of the types, sources, and end users of these items, and addresses the need for detailed, policy-relevant data on illicit munitions in Europe.
Privately Made Firearms in the European Union examines the emerging threat that privately made firearms and their illicit proliferation pose within Europe.
These papers can be found at on the new online knowledge portal Gunviolence.eu
For more, check out:
- Gunviolence.eu—a new online knowledge platform that houses an artificial intelligence-powered monitor of firearm incidents in Europe. In addition to the monitor, the platform will host eight new reports, written by researchers from the institutes involved in Project INSIGHT, as well as key data sheets for each EU member state.
- The INSIGHT project page
Other news from the Survey:
- New Blog Post: Turning Tides: A New Surge in Global Violent Deaths
- New update to the Global Violent Deaths (GVD) database
- New Regional Committee established to advise the project: ‘Pathway to Policy: Integrating Security and Public Health Responses to Firearms Trafficking and Violence in the Caribbean’
- New report on improvised explosive devices in West Africa
- New HSBA Briefing Paper on how Governor Rin Tueny Mabor has pacified opposition in Lakes state