ACTIVITY PERIOD: Permanent contract
ACTIVITY RATE: 100%
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5 December 2022
The Small Arms Survey — a global centre of excellence whose mandate is to generate evidence-based, impartial, and policy-relevant knowledge on all aspects of small arms and armed violence — is seeking two project assistants to be based in its Geneva offices to work on the Small Arms Survey’s projects.
Mission and activities
- Perform desk-based research;
- Conduct and co-facilitate outreach activities in Geneva and abroad;
- Help in coordinating and facilitating meetings and workshops;
- Undertake other project coordination and administrative tasks as required by the supervisor and project coordinator.
- Potential field research
- A university graduate degree in international relations, political science, conflict or security studies, or other related areas;
- 1-3 years of experience;
- Interest and familiarity in security issues;
- Strong analytical, writing, presentation, interpersonal, and monitoring/research skills;
- Excellent English language skills, French and other languages are a key asset (Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, Dari, Pashto);
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Ability to travel if required;
- Have a valid Swiss work permit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.