PERIOD OF CONTRACT: asap, until December 31st 2022, renewable
ACTIVITY RATE: 80 to 100 %
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 17 January 2022
General description of the position
The Small Arms Survey—a global centre of excellence whose mandate is to generate evidence-based, impartial, and policy-relevant knowledge on all aspects of small arms and armed violence—is seeking a project assistant to be based in its Geneva offices to work on the Small Arms Survey’s Security Assessment in North Africa (SANA) project.
Mission and activities
- Perform desk-based research tasks related to North Africa, Sahel-Sahara, and the Middle East;
- Review the project’s English and Arabic publications, and supervise the process of translating, proofreading, reviewing and designing of the Arabic-language publications;
- Conduct and co-facilitate outreach activities in Geneva and in the region;
- Help in coordinating and facilitating meetings and workshops in the above-mention regions;
- Undertake other project coordination and administrative tasks as required by the supervisor and project coordinator.
- A university graduate degree in international relations, political science, conflict or security studies, or other related areas;
- Interest and familiarity in security issues in North Africa, Sahel-Sahara, and the Middle East;
- Strong analytical, writing, presentation, interpersonal, and monitoring/research skill;
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills, French language is a key asset;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Ability to travel to North Africa, Sahel-Sahara, and the Middle East;
- Have a valid Swiss work permit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.